[MLB-WIRELESS] GDW -> GHO

Richard Van Orsouw Richard.Van.Orsouw at optus.com.au
Tue Jun 10 08:46:44 EST 2003

Setup up a link from GDW to GHO on Saturday. Using a 24dBi pacific wireless
grid pack with a vak special 30mW entrasys card with 8 meters of LMR-400.

Level in -77 Signal, -99 Noise, SNR 22 ( best ) 12 worst
GHO from me -72 Signal -77 Noise SNR 5 ( best ) 3 worst.

Did some testing with Steve (Conundrum) using picophone which worked quite
well.
I am either going to replace the entrasys card with a veritech 200mW or I
have a Cisco AP1200 which I might run in client AP mode. Does any know where
I can get a pigtail for it, I believe it uses a RF-TNC ? and is the client
AP mode on the cisco compatible with the avaya AP3 @ GHO
I am having problems with any tcp traffic, after speaking with Tyson, he
suggested trying to change RTS/CTS thresholds. Not sure what to do here, it
was also suggested trying mtu/ttl values. This problem I am experiencing is
most likely due to the poor rx from gdw to gho, but it also could be a
timing issue due to the long round trip delays ( since my link is 64km plus
another 20km to the other nodes). Any suggestions on values I could try
would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Richard.