[MLB-WIRELESS] Ricoh 5C475II PCMCIA --> PCI cradle

Joris joris at linux.be
Thu Jun 5 14:31:12 EST 2003

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 11:22:25AM +1000, Doug Young wrote:
> I'd appreciate advice on this issue too. My experience to date has suggested
> PCI adaptors will ONLY work reliably
> with 2.2 MOBO's ... this is DEFINITELY the case with Compaq WL210 adaptors.

/me pets the dell ppro with pci 2.1, having two ricoh controllers.
It works, sometimes. Try it before you buy...
If you get weird errors or lockups, try to move the
controller to another pci slot.
Overhere, putting both controllers in a busmaster-capable slot solved
things nicely.

Ps: knoppix has autodetection for it, works usually. Handy for a quick
check on your machine

--
  Greetings
  Joris