[MLB-WIRELESS] Cheap RF bits - heads up

Michael Borthwick holden at netspace.net.au
Wed Jun 4 19:26:42 EST 2003

Ham Radio swap meets can be an excellent source of cheap cables and
connectors for wireless networking.

At the recent Moorabbin and District Radio Club swap meet I picked up a
couple of male to male N adapters for $4 each and a couple of very high
quality N-N and SMA-SMA jumper cables for $6 each. The N jumpers had
right angle connectors which can be handy. There is all manner of this
sort of stuff there, it's mainly ex-telco so very high quality and the
prices are amazing.

Other items included gel cells of various capacities from small to
massive. I bought 5 x 7AH gel cells for $4 each in good condition.

So keep an eye out for when the various clubs run their swap meets, and
remember, only you can prevent forest fires.