[MLB-WIRELESS] hops over water - reflective properties of wat er for microwaves...

paul van den bergen pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
Mon Jun 2 17:32:17 EST 2003

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 04:52 pm, Rowan Crowe wrote:
> Lasers off clouds sounds very interesting, how would it be done? Something
> like a telescope (for visual sighting) with a red filter and fast light
> sensor attached to it? I guess you could even have a motor system that
> hunts around looking for red dots in the sky. :D
>
> What are the legal and safety issues involved in shining a laser up into
> the sky?
>
> Cheers.

if you have a laser with a collimation angle tight enough to survive being a
beamed up to clouds and stay bright enough to cause trouble you are either a
world millitary power or in soooo much trouble with your wife re this months
electricity bill.... :-)

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
IM:bulwynkl2002
"And some run up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stones
to pieces wi' hammers, like so many road makers run daft.
They say it is to see how the world was made."
Sir Walter Scott, St. Ronan's Well 1824