[MLB-WIRELESS] Enterasys AP and Firmware Question

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at alphalink.com.au
Thu Jul 24 17:02:40 EST 2003

Ok, i've been mucking around with a couple of Enterasys CSIWS-A Access
Points for a while now.  Trying to see what firmware updates can be done.
It appears to me, that the actual AP firmware, flashes it's own firmware
onto the wireless cards RAM when it's inserted.  I'm thinking this because
no matter what card I put into the AP, be it Enterasys with 6.06, 6.04.
6.08 or Orinoco with 8.72, the Access Point management software always
reports the cards firmware as being "HW=V4.00, Primary FW=V4.04".

If it's any use, the AP's firmware is "HW=V2.2, RO=V1.7, SW=6.04.12"

Can anyone confirm or deny my conclusion.

This unit was probably sold as an Orinoco unit too with a different model
name.