[MLB-WIRELESS] Ip addressing for a client ap :D

Matthew Hill mhill at satlink.com.au
Tue Jul 15 13:28:53 EST 2003

Good Day gents.

I have an ap connected to my linux box via a x over cable to a dedicated eth card. I plan to connect this ap in client mode to an ap 1km away which is in ap mode.

Now ive learned when in ap mode, the ip address of the ap doesnt really matter. Is that the same with an ap in client mode ?

Now for example is the ap in ap mode is .1 should my ap in client mode and eth card have sequential ip address' like .4 and .5 ??

Anyone done this sort of setup. Im assuming routing wouldnt be hard for each side.

Thanks in advance

Matthew