[MLB-WIRELESS] GPS coordinates for Node Database

James Healy jimmy at deefa.com
Tue Jul 15 11:41:23 EST 2003

Anderson, Steven wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> Anyone give me some help on getting GPS coordinates into the Node Database
>
> We will be building a house later this year in Mooroolbark and I would
> like to get the new details in the Database.
>
> (and actually complete the Node I never did finish were I am now!)
>

> Does not seem to be a way to get GPS details after drilling down through
> the map as there was in the past.

 From the create and edit pages, you can select automatic, which will
attempt to find your coordinates based on your address - which funilly
enough uses whereis - if that doesnt work (not everywhere is in the
whereis database) then the evolving faq has a method for finding them
using a melways.

Failing _that_ then you may have to offer someone with a GPS some beer
and food if they can pop over to your new place for a visit :)

regards

James

"Oder tis moodle in der noggin tu smacken der ouchey und
vinger-slingers ur to smacken-backen und fix de morkin, yoobetcha!"
                            - The Sweedish Chef.

personal : jimmy at deefa.com / Work: james at rainbowbooks.com.au
MelbWireless: treasurer at wireless.org.au
msn: jimmy at deefa.com / ICQ : 6370237