[MLB-WIRELESS] xDSL to Regional and Interstate nodes.

Mark DC mark at mediadome.net.au
Thu Jul 10 09:48:45 EST 2003

Drew,

Jamie is not saying that we have to get exactly 60 members in order to get
the dsl tails, ideally 60 would cover the cost of the service and also
provide extra income to help run the association and possibly provide faster
links or shdsl as apposed to adsl services.

Now having said that, as the number of association members increases, so
does the opportunity to have commercial members / sponors get involved with
the association. What this means is that the extra funding the association
receives, the more services the AWA can provide to its members.

Services such as provide more wireless hardware for members to use,provide
content servers,website hosting and ftp, provide faster interconnect
services and possibly multiple services per state to not only link state to
state, but to also help link in state sites.

Also, if enough members sign up over a short period of time AWA can pay for
12 months in advance which then protects the members investment in DSL
should anything happen to the association.

At the end of the day, its up to the individual to decide if this is a great
opportunity or not, personally I think its a fantastic idea.

Regards

Mark Di Cristo