[MLB-WIRELESS] xDSL to Node GHO

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Wed Jul 9 14:08:07 EST 2003

Hi,

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Ryan Abbenhuys wrote:

> Unfortunatelly Melbourne is far from ready to even look at such a
> setup and it would be unwise to seriously look into this at the
> moment.

No probs. It's up to everone here to decide. The offer is now open,
anyone can connect whenever they feel like. I'm not saying it has to
happen tomorrow.

> Our infrastructure is only just beginning to take shape and I would
> say at least 6 months from being "barely acceptable".

In alot of cases, Sydney is the same. Most of the interest we have here
in NSW is regional for the DSL linking. Of course we'd have atleast one
WPOP hooked up for Sydney, with more later as the WPOP's bridge.

> We have a "backbone" node (gho) that's being used by anyone and
> everyone, it's using the wrong IP range, cluster growth is too slow,
> the amount of permenant services that are actually accessable and
> known to exist on wirelses network are next to none, and I could go
> on and on.

I thought this would be a good oppurtunity, since GHO is a backbone
node. It easily allows for one interconnect point that covers alot of
sites in Melbourne.

In relation to IP ranges, we have an IP plan which I am sure can be
looked at.

> I think you guys in Sydney might be way ahead of us Jamie, this is
> definitely too early Melbourne.
>
> Call back in 12months time :)

Or rather, let us know when you're ready. The offer is now there, anyone
is welcome to take it whenever they like. Having said that, if someone
know's of a better workable deal, let us all know!

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----