[MLB-WIRELESS] linux ap's

Craig Mead craig at australianwireless.org
Fri Jul 4 12:04:59 EST 2003

> Where are these damn via edens with the onboard CF + PCMCIA slots? As far
> as I can tell from paper, these look like they will be a pretty good deal
> for this sort of application.
>
> You will be able to have an AP and a client card in them (they have one
> pci slot) and probably just run linux off a CF card. That should be oodles
> for one of these wlan-optimised distros. You could even get some routing &
> encryption sw into them so that you can handle all those sort of decisions
> up the pole, or in your roof!

Been chasing up a supplier about the VIA Epia M2 boards which have the
PCI/PCMCIA/CF all in a nice tiny micro board. They haven't been too good
with returning my calls tho.

I'll give it another go soon and get back to you all when I get details.

Regards, Craig Mead
Vice President
Australian Wireless Association