[MLB-WIRELESS] Helical Antennas & Interferance & Corkscrews

bchild at wireless.org.au bchild at wireless.org.au
Tue Jul 1 10:48:32 EST 2003

Have had a similar experience with circular polarisation antennas, where
they tend to do a little better, you most likely would find that other
things on vertical & horizontal polarisations would cop more interference
from the circular then the other way round.

Tony might be able to answer that 1 better, personally I think it's
because the circular antenna is expecting a circular directed wave.  Not
sure bout the actualy works of it all.

is basically the same as if u tilt ur antennas they work better being out
of phase or to the norm then when they are set in the normal way.

> Can anyone enlighten me as to their experiences with Helical antennas
> and their performance with regards to interferance.
> http://www.wireless.org.au/~jhecker/helix/
>
> As I understand it, they have a circular polarisation like a corkscrew
> effect.  Does this allow it to pickup more interference as I'm guessing
> it would pickup horizontal and vertical....and everything in between?
>
> I'm trying to establish whether these would be a better option for inner
> city links where there is a high 2.4Ghz noise floor.  Particularly
> around a certain very tall structure I mentioned yesterday. *cough*

Regards Glen
(Node AAD)