[MLB-WIRELESS] instant speed increase, mtu sizes

Joris joris at linux.be
Thu Jan 30 04:42:35 EST 2003

Hi,

Since I didn't realise it, there meight be more people out there with
the same setup, so I hope it's somewhat usefull.

On my two linux machines, I was able to set the MTU to 2294.
this instantly increased the trougput from ~600KB/s to ~750KB/s
The link itself isn't that great, but sufficient:
Link Quality:21/92  Signal level:-76 dBm  Noise level:-97 dBm

Not spectacular, yet a very nice thing for five seconds of work.

I was using two orinoco's in adhoc mode, no other clients on the channel, ftp transfer while serveral irc and IM's were running in the background.

--
  Greetings
  Joris