[MLB-WIRELESS] OMG! Yet another PowerOver Ethernet!

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Wed Jan 29 14:46:38 EST 2003

> Does anyone know how easy it would be to build in some sort
> of variable
> regulator, so you could adjust the power on the far end for different
> brands of AP?

Quite easy.  Substitute a LM 317 for the 5V regulator and add a couple of
components (1 resistor, 1 trimpot) to the circuit, and you have a regulator
capable of being adjusted from 1.25V up to around 2-2.5V less than the
incoming the supply voltage.

You could do the same with the 5V regulator, if the lowest voltage needed is
5V.  I'd still go with the 317, it's designed as an adjustable regulator and
has a lower current through its voltage reference (meaning the final result
is more accurate and stable).

You should be able to pick up the LM317 and similar from DSE, Jaycar and
other popular electronic haunts.

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for Viruses

This correspondence is for the named person’s use only. It may contain