[MLB-WIRELESS] It's soooo quiet...

Justin littlejuz at optusnet.com.au
Tue Jan 28 21:43:36 EST 2003

Why is the list so quiet? Slammer got your tongues? aaaaaaaahhhh ha ha ha
ha!

Oh well, I'll crap on for your entertainment.

 I got my mast up. a massive 30 or 40 cm over the legal limit, but screw the
regulations I say :) I used the pipe up the inside design as I had no
choice, I could not get pipe to go on the outside. So, I put my mast up and
being Australia day long weekend I thought bugger it, the antenna can wait
and I put an Aussie flag up the top of it instead. Cantenna went half way
down it. Do some load testing, signal testing and show my true colours at
the same time. It was great. I had a tear in my eye as the flag flew high
above my house, flapping in the breeze. It good to be an Aussie :)

 Anyway, it did rattle a little as the top is not bolted in place. It's a
2.5 meter section resting on 1 meter of pipe up the inside. The inside pipe
is not a perfect fit, so I wrapped some layers of duct tape (gotta love that
stuff) around the top and bottom to stop the movement and make the contact
points softer. Sealed up any holes with roof sealant. Cut a tile and
everything is sweet. As the hole is close to the ridge capping, I now need
to get the roof recemented (repointed?) DOH!

Regards,
Gaz.