[MLB-WIRELESS] Routing within Melbwireless

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at igreen.net
Mon Jan 27 22:35:59 EST 2003

Could I suggest a task for the Routing Working Group......no? well too bad I
am anyway.

The task is to come up with some *simple* example network diagrams showing
example nodes, their interfaces, IP's, and then to show some sample
zebra.conf and ospfd.conf files that match each scenario.  Example's could
be a daisy chain setup of links, a spanning tree of links, and a combination
of both.  Each example need only consist of 4 or 5 nodes at the most to give
people a starting point to work from.

If Zebra and Ospf have been selected as the preferred setup method for
backbone links then some assisstance would be good for those of us wanting
to follow this but are having difficulty.  I'm sure you are all well aware
that Zebra and Ospf have a severe lack of good easy to read documentation.
I know because I've been searching for the past 6 months or more.

At the moment I have a cluster of 7 nodes to permenantly connect and
potentially 4 more just waiting for me to "be ready".
The only thing stopping this cluster from going to a fully live and
functioning WAN is my lack of understanding of Zebra and Ospf.....mainly.
Several of these links will form part of the major backbone for Region 9
(Dandenong Foothills) and will potentially host some of the main
content/servers.

Any assistance from the RoutingWG could increase our setup pace considerably
and give Melbwireless something to show for all it's talk and organisation
in the form of a decent size cluster consisting of backbone links, routing
nodes, AP's, and client/leaf nodes.  This cluster can go on to be a testing
ground and an example to other regions.

There is huge potential for growth in several geographical areas and all it
will take is some backbone infrastructure to be put in place for this to
expand at a rapid rate.

--
Regards,
  Ryan Abbenhuys