[MLB-WIRELESS] Fw: URGENT: New SQL Worm?

Rowan Crowe rowan at sensation.net.au
Sun Jan 26 16:43:29 EST 2003

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003, Brendan Hiley wrote:

> Heh.
> It looked pretty weak to me.
> I only logged about a dozen attempts between when it started yesterday,
> and midday today.

Quiet techless customers running Win boxes going from 0.2Mbit/sec outbound
to 50Mbit/sec is not normal. ;)

I have 320 IPs routed to my home network. I was getting between 3-6
packets per second when I looked last night, and that was apparently when
the wave was starting to lose its kick. Imagine the ISPs that have
hundreds of thousands of (inbound) IPs routed through them.

I have 4 servers on different hosts in the USA, at least one of them keeps
going in and out of view as the routes flap.

As a plain old surfer I've seen that a lot of sites are noticeably
lagging, or are down completely.

It ain't weak...

Cheers.

--