ibss vs bss was: Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] [TIB] A new offer has beenadded to TIB -23/01/2003

James Healy jimmy at deefa.com
Fri Jan 24 19:33:14 EST 2003

> The PointToPoint link was great. It explained heaps. It
> explains that to
> do it properly you need an ad-hoc mesh, but then use BSS to provide
> access to dumb roaming clients.

iirc, that page stresses the need to have a network of p2p links for
reasons outlined in my previous email (it suggests that they be IBSS,
but it would probably be easier - for reasons you have already
specified - to make them AP's in bridging mode), and BSS to provide
access to dumb roaming clients.

> What I really want is an AP that can do BSS, BSS-client,
> _and_ IBSS. As
> soon as that comes out I'll be getting one.

Yes. Let me know when you find it :)

James