[MLB-WIRELESS] [TIB] A new offer has been added to TIB - 23/01/2003

Donovan Baarda abo at minkirri.apana.org.au
Fri Jan 24 11:18:44 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 23:55, Andrew Stephen wrote:

> This is a message from The Incredible Bulk
>
> A new offer has been added to TIB.
> Details as follows:
> Cost per unit:      $125.00
> Shipping cost:      $12.00
> Quantity Available: 10

This is astoundingly cheap, and from the doco it seems to be fully
featured. What is wrong with it? What is it missing compared to the
DL900 or DL900+ (aside from 22Mbps)?

I figure a AP is the cheapest/easiest way to get an omni on my roof. My
concern with AP's is their lack of flexibility compared to a Linux box
with AP capable WNIC. Is there anything that this AP can't do that will
make me wish I'd put a linux box in my roof?

ABO: finger abo at minkirri.apana.org.au for more info, including pgp key