[MLB-WIRELESS] SVEC IWE-1000A lets you choose separate TX and RX antennae

Fenn Bailey fenn_b at smktech.com.au
Fri Jan 24 09:34:21 EST 2003

> I recall someone mentioning on the list recently the idea of
> using a low
> gain (legal) antenna for TX, and a high gain antenna for RX.
> I guess this
> is how. :)

Hey Rowan,

Yeah, I mentioned this a few days ago (though I thought only the cisco
gear did it). This is interesting that the svec one can do it,
particularly as svec gear is traditionally quite cheap.

On that note, I'm having trouble finding much in the way of information
on svec APs (eg: chipsets/etc) and wondering if anyone has a good source
of info?

The APs for sale on TIB have dual RPSMA connectors on them (as far as I
can tell), and I'm wondering if they support separate TX/RX as well as
the one mentioned above.

Would be interesting to see...

	Fenn.