[MLB-WIRELESS] OT: URGENT MIRRORING SOFTWARE

Jason Brice Jason.Brice at kiandra.com
Thu Jan 23 15:41:20 EST 2003

Hi All,

Sorry for the OT post but I need to know if anyone has the capabilities to mirror data that is currently on one of 2 drives in a RAID,  the drive has been found to be faulty and I am picking up another one soon, to save me rebuilding the array from the ground up I want to mirror it across.  The mirroring software needs to be able to mirror anything irrelevant of whats actually on the HDD.

The faulty HDD doesnt have any problems on the sections I need to mirror so it should be ok *fingers crossed*.

Thanks for you help and sorry for the OT post.

Matt.

Norton Ghost will clone any hard disk sector by sector to another blank drive, if that is what you are looking to do.

What RAID configuration were the original 2 drives in? Im assuming it was something non-redundant like RAID 0, otherwise you could just replace the faulty drive and let the array rebuild itself, right?

jason brice
senior network engineer
kiandra system solutions
level 9, 455 bourke st melbourne vic 3000
(t) +61 3 9600 1639
(f) +61 3 9600 1656