[MLB-WIRELESS] dlink pci cards

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Thu Jan 23 12:40:17 EST 2003

> Just got a new DWL-520+ to put in my band NEW pc. I was so happy to
> finnnnaly be getting rid of my 8yo p166 (well deligating it to router
> anyway), but whats this....have the dwl520+ and my Adaptec AHA-2940UW
> installed at the same time....constant lockups.
>
> NOT HAPPY JAN
>
> Tried different slots, new firmware on SCSI and WLAN, my Mobo allready
> has the latest BIOS (its a intel D845EBG2L if that helps)
>
> Any sugestions????

try a different motherboard?

i've got a aha2940 in my firewall machine (dual p3-450 gigabyte, can't
remember the exact model number...it's about 3 years old), the same
machine i had the dlink 520 in.  worked no problem.

did you specify the M/B when you bought the brand-new PC?  or did you
just accept whatever the retailer wanted to supply?  i've found over the
years that the motherboard is the single most important part of the
computer....if you use just any cheap board, your system will be flaky
and crash-prone.    it's worth doing the research and spending a few
extra dollars to get a good motherboard.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>

Fabricati Diem, PVNC.