[MLB-WIRELESS] RE: [MLB-WIRELESS] instant AP for roamabout client

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Thu Jan 23 10:23:08 EST 2003

> I saw a mention of MicroWaveRobustness on another card
> (entrasys ?) where
> they fragmented the traffic into smaller pieces to work better in an
> environment where microwave ovens were causing interference.
> Apparently
> there are gaps in the interference caused by the microwave
> oven and smaller
> packets can get broadcast but larger ones get trashed.

That makes sense.  From what I have seen, microwave interference is rather
"spikey", and smaller packets have a higher probability of getting through
between the spikes.

I have seen something similar as well, and I've only really used the
Enterasys cards..

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for Viruses

This correspondence is for the named person’s use only. It may contain