[MLB-WIRELESS] orinoco as AP

Peter Long peterlong at rocketmail.com
Sat Jan 18 17:34:57 EST 2003

Gday,
Just did a search of the net and found this thread.

http://www.cawnet.org/pipermail/rfmon/2002-September/001721.html

The above thread has a good description of how to do
it.  Its so easy, just search in the registry for
APMode and change it to one. More tweaks are contained
in the thread.

Will work with Windows98,Windows 2000 and I think I
got it working in Windows NT, but not Windows95.

I've had one working for the past 3 months on an old
Toshiba 486.  Great if you have only one Dlink
DWL-650.  I had trouble getting it to talk to a
Roamabout card in ad-hoc mode.  Using the "fake"
access point allows any 802.11b card to talk to each
other.

Enjoy.......

Peter Long aka shorty

http://mailplus.yahoo.com