[MLB-WIRELESS] cheap inverter

Clae clae at tpg.com.au
Sat Jan 18 10:05:36 EST 2003

At 12:26 PM +1100 17/1/03, Jason Tedesco wrote:
>Some Good News,
>	I called my account rep for Dell and asked if they sold in
>car power supplys.  After giving them the model number they gave me
>the info.  The one for my lappy is $173 ex gst.  The manufacture is
>Targus.  The power supply comes with a few different tips, and they
>even told me which tip number I should use.  The link can be found
>below.  Targus make these adapters for most big name manufactures.
>
>http://targus.com.au/accessories_power.asp

For that price you could buy a modified square wave inverter large
enough to run your laptop and a toaster oven... Most computer power
supplies will cope quite well with modified square wave inverters,
IMHO the extra expense of a sine wave inverter is probably not
necessary.

--
   insert twee, inoffensive .sig joke