[MLB-WIRELESS] 802.11g Starts Answering WLAN Range Questions

Drew drew at wirelessanarchy.com
Thu Jan 16 06:09:18 EST 2003

Joris wrote:

>On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 10:50:01AM -0800, Drew wrote:
>

>>Here's the gist of it, measured in actual throughput in a typical
>>environment
>>

>conclusion, .g rocks?

but we all knew this already ;)  remains to be seen if the tests were
truly equal, they dont say the antenna gain used, or the output power on
all the ap/clients used, but i'd assume they were all stock.

>Any info on what ap they used?

for .11a: SMC EZ Connect client (Model # SMC2735W) and AP (Model# SMC2755W)

for .11g: Intersil 802.11g reference design

for pbcc: dlink airplus