[MLB-WIRELESS] D-Link DWL 900+ Firmware

Jason Tedesco jtedesco at request.com.au
Tue Jan 14 13:19:22 EST 2003

Last night I downloaded the v2.5 firmware of the .au site for the Dlink 900+ and upgraded my AP.  This is loaded with some really cool new features, although that's not what this E-Mail is about.

With the firmware you get a windows client Dlink AP manager v2.5 (as to be used with an AP running 2.5) I clicked on the Dlink firmware update tab, and there was a list of AP's running v2.5 and in another pane above Dlink AP's that where running a firmware below v2.5.  I clicked on an AP that was running v2.2 and hit the upgrade button.  To my surprise it flashed this AP without asking for a username or password.  Pretty scary if you ask me, you could flash and factory default the 900+ AP's with very little effort.

Anyone else experience anything like this?  I might play around with it a bit more this week.

Jason