[MLB-WIRELESS] D-Link DWL 900+ Firmware

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Mon Jan 13 12:29:31 EST 2003

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 11:44:21AM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:
> another interesting thing is the adv_perform.html page.
>
> near the bottom is an option to set antenna transmit power.  options
> are: 10, 13, 16, and 19dbm.
>
> i thought these units were only capable of 15dbm, +- 2 according to
> the spec-sheet.  i.e. around 13dbm.

i wouldn't have believed it, but it actually seems to make a difference.

with my DWL-900AP+ about 15m away (at the top of the mast on my roof,
with an 8dbi superpass omni), i got the following from wavemon running
on a laptop:

Tx power     wavemon S:N
@10dbm       +12 to +13 db
@13dbm       +15 to +16 db