[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: Orinoco/Avaya Software Access Point driver

Joe Hovel joe.hovel at med.monash.edu.au
Sat Jan 11 23:13:49 EST 2003

Hi!
I have 2 questions, please:
1. Has anyone downloaded the latest Orinoco wireless client manager yet
from www.3kgroup.ee? Can one of you make the Windows95 version available
on an ftp server somewhere for me? I have tried 5 times now and I get
times out by the server, because it takes too long (I have a damned
pairgain connection at 28.8kbps and the file is over 6MB....) At least
with ftp I could restart and continue the download where it quit (if it
did).

2. I wish to run this client manager on my Cabletron/Roamabout card -
how do I get the above software (or any Orinoco/Avaya/Lucent software
for that matter) to recognise the card as an Orinoco clone? Do I need to
"force-flash" Orinoco firmware into it somehow? I tried the previous
Orinoco driver but it wouldn't recognise the card, so I downloaded the
Cabletron version (but the most recent Cabletron version is now 2 years
old and doesn't have the "act a base station" option which I want to
use).
Please advise/explain.
:)
Cheers,