[MLB-WIRELESS] alphalink wireless

Eric Orton eric at mineralsprings.net.au
Fri Jan 10 18:37:50 EST 2003

I just wish that after spending $330 (which pretty much pays for all
the gear they install in the customers premises) for the install they'd
let me keep something at the end of it all.  Then again after 6 years
at uni I'm starting to get a bit miserly I think... :-)

oh well, at least this way I can use my equipment to finish building my
node...

Eric

On Friday, January 10, 2003, at 12:30  PM, Jamie Lovick wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, rik wrote:
>>
>> the legal requirements is the carrier licence thing someone brought
>> up before, alphalink have to own both ends of the network
>>
>> which brings me to a wierd question
>>
>> how come you dont have to use a isp owned 56k modem?
>
> Because the network unit that is traverses is a carrier service (the
> phone line). With wireless, the network unit has to be
> controlled/managed by a carrier (unless it's non-commercial, such as
> our
> network).
>
> Regards
>
> Jamie
>
> --
> Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
> Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
> Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  ->
> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
> ----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association
> -----

Eric Orton