[MLB-WIRELESS] Wireless Filter

Simon Butcher pickle at alien.net.au
Fri Jan 10 18:33:53 EST 2003

> Got an interesting question for someone out there.  Is it
> possible to run 2 wireless cards of the same antenna at the
> same time ??
>
> If its not possible, why ??

In my experience, it's possible with a device called a signal combiner,
however it's never a good idea.. Inside the cable, the two strong
signals interfere with each other. That way, you'll just get really
bodgey links, if anything at all.

It's something best left up to receiving only (like a VHF/UHF TV antenna
mast head combiner), and even then for some applications it's not a good
idea.

It's exactly why you see, on mobile phone towers, heaps of thick cable
making its way up to the panel antennae :)

Cheers

 - Simon