[MLB-WIRELESS] Orinoco Silver to AP mode

paul van den bergen pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
Thu Jan 9 13:00:11 EST 2003

OK, noted...
so if you look at the list of hardware in the driver, those that are prism
based should work with the wi driver, no?

prism II/2.5	 = 34 cards
spectrum24 = 4 cards
hermes = 3 cards

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003 11:59 am, Michael Borthwick wrote:
> However from the handbook at
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/wireless.html
>
> "In order to set up a wireless access point with FreeBSD, you need to have
> a compatible wireless card. Currently, only cards with the Prism chipset
> are supported. "

Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
caia.swin.edu.au
pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
IM:bulwynkl2002
would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?