[MLB-WIRELESS] ISA Adapter

Rabbit datec01 at optushome.com.au
Wed Jan 1 21:15:49 EST 2003

I finally got around to trying the PCMCIA card from the ISA card in my
laptop, but alas no joy. The comp didn't even acknowledge that there was a
card inserted in the slot..... the properties window just says slot empty.
(with the PC card mounted on the ISA card its detected when plugged into an
old spare desktop I have laying around) guess I'll just use the two cards as
a link from the house to the shed (to monitor the home brew or sumthing) and
buy that AP I've been wanting.

> I would think you would have no problems physically with the PCMCIA card
> moving from the ISA card to the laptop.  All the PCI and ISA sollutions
> (certainly in Modern Times(TM)) have been PCMCIA cards mounted on a slot
card
> with a PCMCIA - ISA/PCI bridge.  The only Q. in my mind is if the card is
2MB
> standard does the laptop have appropriate drivers for the 802.11 standard.
(I