[MLB-WIRELESS] ap in a box

Steven Haigh netwiz at optusnet.com.au
Tue Feb 25 12:43:46 EST 2003

This URL being a good example, a better idea would be to have all in/out
points on the box at the bottom of the box - if the holes are on the
side/top of the box, there's more of a chance of leaking...

Also, if you can use a metal box, you can use the entire box as a
heatsink for the 7805 regulator (assuming your AP takes 5V) and then
just adjust the line voltage to suit (so you don't create too much heat)...

Fenn Bailey wrote:

>Ok, trying the below again WITH the url and to the list:
>

>>re http://www.wiresncode.com/projects/wireless/dlink/
>>
>>how do i get the cat5 and the pigtail in/out of the box?
>>
>>would drilling a hole thats pointing down be enough? water
>>wouldnt travel
>>into it would it?
>>

>That URL isn't mine, but I did a similar thing. You can buy sleeves from
>jaycar that have a rubber grommit thing that tightens on the cable when
>you screw it shut.
>
>You can see the grommit on the lower half of the darker grey box in this
>photo:
>
>http://melbourne.wireless.org.au/~fenn/files/900ap-inabox0.jpg
>
>	Fenn.

Signed,
Steven Haigh
http://wireless.org.au
(Visit https://wireless.org.au to install our Root Certificate.)

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.
We have enough youth. What we need is a fountain of smart.