[MLB-WIRELESS] RF noise reduction

paul van den bergen pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
Wed Feb 19 17:09:30 EST 2003

> When setting up wireless networks, adjoining "cells" should typically be
> on a seperate channel. I am not sure if that is the same if it's
> connected using WDS.

actually I'd argue that finding the quietest channel (e.g. using a stumbler
priogram) would be the best option...  where quietest is defined both in
terms of other users and distance from other used channels... seems to me a
little while mapping the channels with the antenna you intend to use (in it's
final configuration) and at both ends of the link would allow one to make the
most informed decision re channel selection...

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
IM:bulwynkl2002
It's a book. Non-volatile storage media. Everyone should have one.