[MLB-WIRELESS] Cat 5 Problem

Fenn Bailey fenn_b at smktech.com.au
Tue Feb 18 14:42:49 EST 2003

Not really on topic for a wireless list, but eh ;)

The most common cause of this problem is not wiring the cables 100%
correctly. Eg: you can wire them 'correctly' but not CORRECTLY.

100mbit is much more susceptible to cross-talk interference/etc. Have
you wired them using the 568A or 568B standards?

If not, or if you don't know what I'm talking about, then you probably
haven't ;)

Jump on google and search for 'ethernet wiring cat 5 568B'

That should sort you out :)

Good luck,

	Fenn.