[MLB-WIRELESS] Colorbond/roof insulation interference.

lkhoo at csc.com.au lkhoo at csc.com.au
Mon Feb 17 11:44:43 EST 2003

It;'s been a while and my interest for this had been running hot and cold
of late but with a spare few hours on the weekend I've finally got my
wireless linux router working!

In my limited tests i've had multiple clients able to connect to it and
access various things.

Before I finally have it located in the roof I was wondering what sort of
interference/loss would I get from having an omni antenna located inside
the roof cavity instead of outside it.
The roof consists of corrugated colorbond with some type of metal "foil"
insulation between it and where the antenna would be located.

Also, does anyone know if there are any problems with having two antenna
mounted on the one mast?

ie. ex-galaxy(18db) + omni(6db) on top of that? Both are connected to
seperate wireless nic's.

I don't think the omni will actually start at the very top of the galaxy
though as i'll probably try and mount the galaxy as high as I can.
The mast (only about 1m tall) is from an ex-foxtel satellite installation.

Thanks

Lucas (nodeCFI)