[MLB-WIRELESS] Fw: Internet Sharing

Clae clae at tpg.com.au
Sun Feb 16 12:10:55 EST 2003

There's a difference between "profit" and "surplus".  A for-profit
business distributes surplus income to its owners/shareholders;
that's called profit.   A non-profit group is perfectly allowed to
generate an operating surpus, it just can't distribute it.  Any
"profit" from particular activities has to be ploughed back into the
group's core activities.  MW makes a small surplus on the BBQs, but
it all goes back into MW, so it's not profit, just fundraising.

OK, that takes care of the ATO, as far as the ACA is concerned it is
probably best if any charge for internet access is only enough to
cover costs.  Maybe.

Clae.

My $0.02, IANAL, YMMV etc

   insert twee, inoffensive .sig joke