[MLB-WIRELESS] OT smb

Fenn Bailey fenn_b at smktech.com.au
Wed Feb 12 23:36:12 EST 2003

> whats the best way to have that run upon boot ?
>
> thanks

No probs at all for that :)

Ummm, I have to admit, off the top of my head, I don't know the best way to
do it. I don't see why it wouldn't work in /etc/fstab, though you may need
to specify the filesystem type (smbfs) and be able to parse arguments to it.
I would think you'd probably need smbfs.o loaded as well.

There are a few easy ways around it, you can set a simple shell script that
does it (you can pass the password with the same syntax: eg: -o
gid=matthew,password=imsecret) and just pop it anywhere in your init.

I'm not sure what distrib you're running there, and it's a bit different for
each one, but in debian, you could quite happily pop it in
/etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh.

I'm sure there's 'proper' ways to do this, but I can't think of any off the
top of my head :)

	Fenn.