[MLB-WIRELESS] D-Link Repeater mode...

Jason Brice Jason.Brice at kiandra.com
Tue Feb 11 08:55:58 EST 2003

"The best way to tell if repeater mode is working is to have everything all connected and powered up. Next Ping the Access point, when you ping the AP this should be going through the repeater.

If you power down the repeater, your wireless connection will drop out, then it should by itself reconnect. I found that if you have the AP some distance away from the client it will not reconnect, if you then move the AP closer it will connect. The above would verify that the Repeater mode is working."

well, either that or fire up your network sniffer and see where the frames are coming from?

jason brice
senior network engineer
kiandra system solutions
level 9, 455 bourke st melbourne vic 3000
(t) +61 3 9600 1639
(f) +61 3 9600 1656