[MLB-WIRELESS] linux / atmel usb / fragmentation

Matt matthew.c.boyd at uts.edu.au
Mon Feb 10 08:24:47 EST 2003

Hi,
I'm running a usb wireless connection and have had moderately common
intermittent connection issues. I've tried tweaking a number of things
(thinking I've had routing issues, perhaps even a weird routing loop) but
they haven't really taken care of the main problem. My device still
associates with the AP but I can't get packets through. Running tcpdump
shows some packets being received.
Anyway, I had one of these episodes yesterday and started to play about
with "stuff I know little about" the first of which was fragmentation and
bingo, the connection came back up immediately.
The device works almost perfectly under windows (but when its run from
windows its for a short time and with less load than when its in linux).
So following this (possibly temporary) success, I'm looking into the "stuff
I know little about". Has anyone else had any experiences with adjusting
things like fragmentation, turning on RTS/CTS stuff? what values have you
used and what have the results been?

Matt