[MLB-WIRELESS] Fw: help need info on card connections

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Fri Feb 7 00:44:43 EST 2003

Hi,

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Steven Haigh wrote:

> Again, can someone point in the right direction please?

The D-Link DWL-520 has a RG-SMA, so you'd need a RG-SMA to N-Type tail,
and then depending on the distance between the card and the antenna,
you'd want to use CNT-400 or LMR-400. with N-types each end, or a
N-type and a suitable connector for your antenna's tail or connector.

Helical antenna are only usable for connecting to other helical antenna,
due to their left or right circular polarity. They are quite
directional, so they're only really usable for point to point links.

> Help much appreciated,

No probs at all.

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----