[MLB-WIRELESS] Grandstream Phones on MW net

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 22 13:04:42 EST 2003

Hi,  I just got me one of them newfangled Grandstream SIP phones from
Johnno.

Reading the manual I see it can dial another SIP phone directly without
using a proxy or SIP server.  Just wondering if anyone has tried this on
the Melbourne Wireless net.  Does NAT traversal work if you're not using
a proxy - i.e. directly dialing another phone's IP address?  If not, is
there a way to allow the phones to see each other though a NAT gateway -
that doesn't involve altering the phones' internal settings?

I'd like to be able to have my phone online to the FWD server (on the
Internet) whilst simultaneously being able to directly dial other phones
on the MW network.

BTW my FWD number is 93853.  Call me in the evenings and we can test
this.

Dan