[MLB-WIRELESS] any one know any good #### filters for a web proxy

Donovan Baarda abo at minkirri.apana.org.au
Tue Dec 16 10:44:57 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 23:32, Matt Pearce wrote:
> In my experience the best thing you can do is setup a transparent proxy that
> people have no choice but to go through and filter it using SquidGuard
> (http://www.squidguard.org/ ), you can also throw in Adzap to reduce a bit
> of bandwidth use (http://adzapper.sourceforge.net/ ) .
[...]

<promo mode>

or you could try pyredir (http://www.freshmeat.net/projects/pyredir)

It can use regex substitutions, child redirectors, and filename
databases (useful for redirecting into local ftp archives).

It can use adzap patterns too, and includes cron scripts for updating
the adzap patterns off the net, building a filename database from an
ftp-archive, etc.

Oh yeah, I wrote it.

</promo mode>

--