[MLB-WIRELESS] any one know any good #### filters for a web proxy

Matt Pearce mattpearce at swiftdsl.com.au
Mon Dec 15 23:32:10 EST 2003

In my experience the best thing you can do is setup a transparent proxy that
people have no choice but to go through and filter it using SquidGuard
(http://www.squidguard.org/ ), you can also throw in Adzap to reduce a bit
of bandwidth use (http://adzapper.sourceforge.net/ ) .

One thing I did learn is that you can never stop people from access #### as
there are numerous ways around it such as HTTP tunneling etc and the filter
doesnt get every site as they are all hand compiled, but it certainly will
make it harder and hopefully frustrating to the none technically savy
person.

HTH

Matt.