[MLB-WIRELESS] NoCatAuth

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 14 22:31:52 EST 2003

I wholeheartedly agree and support this concept!  We should draw up a
"recommended practice" for doing this though I think.  Mainly because
people like me don't know how to do it. :)

One way I've seen it done is for users that put any address into their
browser to be directed to a page that tells you how to set up a http
proxy for that network.  I don't like this idea particularly.  Any
authentication or redirection scheme we use should require no manual
reconfiguring of the user's system.  And should take into account that
some users on the network will be simultaneously connected to the
Internet and the Melb wireless intranet, whilst others will simply be
connected to the MW net with no Internet connection.

Dan