[MLB-WIRELESS] Emergency shutdown of email services on wireless.org.au

TSwireless wireless at toysatellite.org
Fri Dec 5 14:51:02 EST 2003

Dear friends,

British Airways (BA) have contracted the UK based organisation,
Computer Aid, to decommission its old PCs and have them distributed to
community groups and projects throughout the world.

Computer Aid have subsequently made an offer to the Association for
Progressive Communications (APC) and their members in a bid to allocate
as many of these PCs as possible to APC projects, members and their
associates. c2o/Toy Satellite is a member of the APC and as such,
recipients of this offer.

The computers are PIIs. We do not have any further specifications and
we do not know quantities either. We do know that only they will be
shipped with no screens as BA are keeping them.

So far we have found an organisation in Brisbane to act as agent for
c2o/Toy Satellite. We are looking a group in Sydney and one in
Adelaide who would be interested in this offer, ensuring that these
resources are allocated to community and non-profit projects only.

c2o/Toy Satellite will work directly with BAs Melbourne office.
Depending on the number of PCs available, we will be keen to work with
Melbourne Wireless on the next stage of our trial wireless project,
with a view to using these PCs as possible servers, access points,
public terminals where and if possible.

If you are interested in this opportunity, please provide me with the
following information ASAP.

Organisation Name:
Contact Name:
Address 1:
Telephone:
Email:

Return this information to <agarton at toysatellite.org>.

Note, we cannot guarantee that everyone will receive computers from
this program, but we are giving it our best shot.

BA's Sydney office will ship to your organisation covering all costs
should you be interested. It may take from one to 12 months before
this program run its course.

Please note, all PCs are to be used in community based, non-profit
organisations and projects.

c2o/Toy Satellite are assisting with the distribution of these
computers within Australia and the Asian region.

Kind regards,
Andrew

---
Andrew Garton
c2o/Toy Satellite - computer mediated art for public space

T/F: +61 (0)3 9417 5425
:: agarton at toysatellite.org
:: http://c2o.org
:: http://toysatellite.org
A member of the Association for Progressive Communications