[MLB-WIRELESS] InnerNorth - LOS to Taylors Lakes?

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at alphalink.com.au
Thu Dec 4 12:19:45 EST 2003

I've been contemplating speaking to Darren about turning GHO so that it
covers less area, in turn picking up less noise and providing better
performance for the backbone links that will use it.

If GDW can get a better signal to inner north, and inner north get a better
signal to south, this may be good, as we could potentially improve the
signal/bandwidth of GHO to the south, which would then be passed on to
inner north and GDW through southern nodes.

At the moment GHO picks up a phenominal amount of noise which several
limits it's usefullness.  If we halve the coverage of GHO we can reduce the
noise and increase the performance so that it can handle more than ping
traffic and route updates.

Even with the amplifier it was a severe bottle neck and at many times
useless as soon as *any* traffic began to traverse it.

It is also severally affected by the hidden node issue due to the varying
connections and their strengths.

I'm planning on looking into implementing QoS on it, and also investigating
other options such as Frottle.