[MLB-WIRELESS] 2.5dBi vehicle mounted omni antenna vs. poxtenna

Tyson Clugg tyson at wireless.org.au
Wed Aug 13 16:31:21 EST 2003

Tyson Clugg asked:

Michael Borthwick <holden at netspace.net.au> replied:
> It has no gain and is fitted with a 30cm pigtail terminating in a TNC
connector.

> In 10 minutes you could make a cheaper co-linear omni with the same
> (zero) gain and wouldn't seem some funky TNC extension cable.
>
> Apart from that though ...

You missed my point - I want an antenna that looks reasonable when mounted
on a vehicle, cannot be stolen from the vehicle easily, has a high
wind-survival rating, prevents water ingress, etc.  If you are able to make
such a beast, can you please make the plans available to all of us?

I'm happy enough to pay for these features, though yes I would like more
than 2.5dBi of gain and of course I'd like to save money.  In the end, gain
is not the most important feature to me for this particular application.

I will ask again, if you are interested in the device, let me know and I
will look towards making a quantity available via The Incredible Bulk.  If
you know of a similar product that would suit vehicle use, then let me know
and we might get that instead.  If you wish to berate me on my selection
without offering a viable alternative, then your mail will be routed to
/dev/null.  :P

Regards,
Tyson.