[MLB-WIRELESS] Whats Faster ??

Winder winder at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 12 21:14:44 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 14:24, Matt Pearce wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am wondering what is faster for transfering data. ie. Out of Wireless
> (2.4Ghz), Copper (Cat5e etc) and Fibre Optic, which signal travels the
> fastest from point A to point B ??
>
> Matt.

[lame]

I assume you want the fastest way to transfer data only.

Gazzas quick and dirty answer is the one with the fastest speed. Signal
speed in this case would not make much of an impact if you were going to
compare 11, 22, 54 or 72 meg wirelss vs 100 meg copper vs 1 gig fibre.

If you are going to compare 100 meg copper vs 100 meg fibre, then I'd say
which ever one does full duplex. If you then want to say both are 100 meg
full duplex I'd say which ever one is cheaper. If you say cost is not an
issue then I'd say why don't you use 1 gig? If distance is great I'd say
fibre. :P

[/lame]

regards
g at z.