[MLB-WIRELESS] Whats Faster ??

Steven Haigh netwiz at optusnet.com.au
Tue Aug 12 16:34:19 EST 2003

This is an interesting one...

Radio waves travel at the speed of light... Don't know how or why, but they
do...
CAT5 is basically radio over wires (if I recall, it's a 100Mhz signal over
the CAT5)...
Fibre is obviously at the speed of light...

I think there'd be a few factors in working out the delay in different
mediums, I think that light slows down slightly in various substances...

Bottom line, I don't know :)

Signed,
Steven Haigh
http://wireless.org.au
(Visit https://wireless.org.au to install our Root Certificate.)

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.
We have enough youth. What we need is a fountain of smart.
I am root. If you see me laughing, you better have a backup.